A Digital Clear Out
Do you ever take a look at your various social networks, blog feeds, email threads and home pages and just feel completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff you're inadvertently consuming? It happens to all of us at one point or another, where we become entirely overwhelmed and disillusioned with the digital world which, for all intents and purposes, is an amazing thing.
If this sounds even somewhat familiar to you, then it might be time for you to shed that excess content and have yourself a digital clear out. Here are some suggestions.
A Digital Clear Out
So many of us use so many different parts of the internet that it would be impossible for us to address everything, so we’ll go with tips for the most common and you can figure it out from there!
- Be ruthless with your social media. That person whose posts you never read? Unfollow them. That Facebook friend you never speak to and whose dinner you couldn’t care less about? Unfriend them… You get the idea!
- Properly look through your entertainment channels. Whether this is YouTube, your blog reading platform of choice or Instagram, etc, give them a proper look through to decide if you actually still want to be following all of the content creators. If you never watch/read/view their content, then don’t follow them. You’ll thank us later!
- Thoroughly clear your email inbox. Once you’re down to inbox zero, keep it that way. If an email comes in while you’re not busy, read it, deal with it, and archive or delete it as appropriate. Try and do this each day to avoid getting snowed under again.
- Consolidate your storage. With so many options for cloud storage available online, it’s easy to end up with bits and pieces all over the place. Go through your cloud storage networks and consolidate your data into one easy to access place. This will make things so much easier when you come to search for things in future.
- A digital switch off. Take an hour a day, a whole day or even the whole weekend to just switch off from as much digital information as you can. Head outside, spend some time with family or read a book and come back feeling much more clear headed later on.in
Once you’ve taken care of these things, you should find yourself a little less overwhelmed and ready to take on whatever big project you have coming up without the head space clutter that sometimes comes along with consuming too much digital media. Take on your day free of procrastination, unnecessary distractions and anything else that might hinder you getting things done!
Offcloud, your cloud based download manager
If you fancy streamlining your digital world and keeping all of your essentials in one handy place, then why not try out Offcloud? We’re a reliable, secure and private cloud storage network, providing our service users a safe place to store any data, media, entertainment or other information.
In addition to this, you can also download content instantly from BitTorrent into your storage space, and fetch cloud based content to convert and view later.
Amazingly, you can even do all this with our completely free account, letting you fully try out our service before deciding to commit. On sign up, you receive 10GB of storage space and 100 direct download links to play with.
Why not give us a go?