Entry Level Mobile Devices: Are they Worth It?
We're all familiar with a line of flagship devices that we'd love to get our hands on but simply can't afford; it's entirely understandable! However, the same manufacturer will often also produce a line of devices with a similar aesthetic, but with software and hardware that just can't quite match up to what's inside of their main devices. What we're talking about today is if it's worth buying an entry level mobile device instead of saving for a flagship device, and indeed whether these entry level devices are ever worth it at all?
We’re all familiar with a line of flagship devices that we’d love to get our hands on but simply can’t afford; it’s entirely understandable! However, the same manufacturer will often also produce a line of devices with a similar aesthetic, but with software and hardware that just can’t quite match up to what’s inside of their main devices. What we’re talking about today is if it’s worth buying an entry level mobile device instead of saving for a flagship device, and indeed whether these entry level devices are ever worth it at all?
So, is it worth it?
To be honest, whether a device is worth your time and hard earned cash or not is entirely down to what you’re looking for from your device. If you’re simply a fan of the aesthetics and aren’t too fussed about the additional software and improved hardware that comes along with purchasing a flagship device, then sure, an entry level device is fine for you.
However, if you’re interested in the improved performance that a device has to offer when you invest a little more into it, and you want to take full advantage of all the features that it’ll have to offer (for example, a better camera, improved screen quality, better audio and video, and a much better processor able to handle more activities and give you a better amount of speed and a more stable performance), then you’ll want to wait a little while, give yourself a chance to get some savings together and purchase the device you originally wanted.
Benefits of purchasing an entry level device:
- Great for children and younger people who don’t need a huge range of features, or such a large amount of money spent on them.
- You get the aesthetic, if not all of the features.
- With the technological improvement, better features are now available for a smaller amount of money, so you might find yourself surprisingly satisfied with your entry level or mid range device.
- They’re fine to tide you over while you decide if you’re prepared to make an investment into your technology.
Benefits of going for the flagship device:
- You’re paying out a large amount of money (unless you obtain a contract), but you get a huge range of features, as well as a high quality device right from the get-go.
- You’ll have the device you actually wanted, aesthetics, features and all without detouring to a different device beforehand.
- You won’t have to replace your device as often, as it’ll age pretty well if it’s already got great features and a decent hardware.
So, it would appear that entry level and mid-range devices are worth it, for some people. For those less fussed about what’s inside the phone, for younger people, and for those who want to give the cheaper devices a go before opting for those that are more expensive. Don’t write them off just yet!
Offcloud, your cloud-based download manager
When your storage on your mobile device just isn’t enough, why not turn to Offcloud? We offer a private, secure cloud storage network that’s perfect to store all your information, media, applications and other software downloads, leaving them secure so you can use your device’s physical storage exactly how you want to. To begin with, we offer you a free package, including 10GB of storage, and 100 direct download links which allow you to directly, and instantly, download from BitTorrent into your cloud storage. Additionally, you can fetch and convert cloud data for access later on. This gives you the perfect opportunity to explore the services we offer, without making a financial commitment.