5 Reasons to Switch Off Before Bed
We all know we should be turning of our technology a little while before we start to get to sleep, but do we all know why? Today we're going to be sharing five reasons you should always try your hardest to switch off before going to bed to help you get the very best rest possible!
We all know we should be turning of our technology a little while before we start to get to sleep, but do we all know why?
Today we’re going to be sharing five reasons you should always try your hardest to switch off before going to bed to help you get the very best rest possible!
5 Reasons you Should Switch off Before Bed
- Blue light can hugely impact the quality of your sleep. The type of light emitted by mobile devices (including mobiles, tablets, laptops and bright TVs) affects the melatonin produced by your body and impacts the quality of the sleep and how rested you can get from the number of hours sleep you have.
- Having devices on late into the night can affect your cognitive processing. When you stimulate your brain late at night by using your technological devices before bed, your neurons begin to race (which is the opposite of what you want when trying to fall asleep!) waking your entire system up and preventing you from attaining a decent night’s sleep.
- You’ll find it more difficult separating work from home life. This is especially problematic if you’re someone who works from home, but if you’re constantly engaging in work related technology (for example, take home projects or emails) when you’re on your own time at home you’ll find it increasingly difficult to separate your work from home life, which can lead to increased stress and further problems getting yourself to sleep at night. Stress can also lead to other, more serious, health problems that might prove more difficult to treat.
- Problems sleeping can affect your performance at work and in your social life. This can lead to issues at work including disciplinary meetings and potentially even dismissal. A lack of sleeping can also cause irritation, meaning a higher likelihood of snapping and family problems.
- The amount of quality time you get with family, friends and other loved one is diminished. Although technology is fantastic and a brilliant addition to our day to day lives, nothing can replace quality time with our loved ones and unfortunately spending too much time on our technology can greatly diminish the amount of time we can spend with them. Playing a board game together or just spending some time chatting is a lovely way to spend time together and an excellent thing to do.
Offcloud, your cloud based download manager
Whether you remember to switch off before you go to bed or not, we can help make the next morning easier by helping you ensure that everything is exactly where it needs to be ready to start your day! Our cloud storage network is private, secure and reliable – and available on any device with a browser and Internet connection. This means you can pop your files into your storage space ready to be accessed from any device you need to get straight to work.
With our free account you receive 10GB of storage space and 100 direct download links (allowing you to instantly download from BitTorrent into your cloud storage network), letting you fully try out our services before making any sort of financial commitment! Give it a go.